Probate, grant only, fixed fee
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. You will then be able to collect and distribute the assets.
How much does this service cost?
Total: £1,440 inclusive of VAT this is to obtain probate only where the estate’s value does not exceed £325,000 and no inheritance tax IHT400 is required – Current VAT rates.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal Fees £1,200
VAT of: Current VAT rates
- Probate application fee £273 plus £1.50 per sealed copy of the Grant (1 per asset usually)
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditor https://www.legalads.co.uk/
- Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims https://www.legalads.co.uk/
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms based on the financial information that you have provided
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send sealed copies to you
On average, obtaining the grant of probate takes 8 – 12 weeks.
We offer a first class service to clients when selling or buying your new home or refinancing an existing property.Find out more
Assisting you in purchasing an office or shop premises to taking a new business lease or an assignment of an existing lease.Find out more
If you are purchasing a newly built property or one in the course of construction, we can help.Find out more
Meeting all of your needs from preparing a simple Will to advising on the most complex Inheritance Tax problems.Find out more